Pursuing Fearless by Living Authentically
with Toa Green
In this episode, Jessi talks with entrepreneur and ice cream genius Toa Green. With a background in journalism, paired with a love of hospitality and food, Toa transformed a $60 two-quart Cuisinart ice cream maker and a recipe for Thai coconut ice cream into a successful company with a team of 30+. She swore she’d never return to the food industry post-college. But, when Toa confronted her authentic self, it led her to found Crank & Boom.
- Coming from a long line of entrepreneurs, from grandparents to her parents to Toa herself.
- The importance of a marketing and branding background and how that translates to running a successful business.
- Swearing off the food industry but realizing it wasn’t something Toa could just turn off.
- Living her Thai and Southern Kentucky heritage through her love of hospitality and food.
- Transforming a $60 two-quart Cuisinart ice cream maker and a recipe for Thai coconut ice cream into a 30+ team and fully developed craft ice cream company.
- Two great lessons: 1. Believing in what you are selling and serving, and seeing it through. 2. Not waiting for the mythical. All the people start showing up before you start doing the work.
- Thai Smile
- Thursday Night Live
- Woodland Art Fair
- West Sixth Brewing
- Garry Vee
- Rachel Hollis
- Pandora Celtic Fiddle Music