Pursuing Fearless by Holding Space
with Cathy Turner
In this episode, Jessi talks with Cathy Turner who started NewSong Counseling. Cathy began her career as a high school science teacher. After discovering a need for mental health care in the community, she decided to pursue a masters degree in counseling, eventually opening her own center where she holds space for clients to feel loved and respected.
- Going from the empirical, as a high school science teacher, to holding space and using intuition in the science of psychology.
- Women helping other women – the gift of a flash drive full of documents that helped Cathy start NewSong Counselling.
- Recognizing the need for a mental health center in a community, figuring out what was missing, and adding more options by pursuing the education that was needed.
- Acknowledging the barriers that block mental health and tackling them head-on.
- The importance of routines and self-care to leave the negative behind.
- New Song Counseling Center
- KVC – Kentucky
- The Refuge Center
- Adrianne Mishler
- Living Proof Live by Beth Moore
- Raising Good Humans by Dr. Pressman