Pursuing Fearless by Building Community
with Gerry Roll
In this episode, Jessi talks with Gerry Roll, CEO of the Foundation for Appalachian Kentucky. The two discuss the need and desire to find a community, what is a community foundation and what does it truly mean to be local. Other topics of discussion include loses and relishing the wins, keeping your egos in check and not being afraid.
- Having an overwhelming need, and desire to be in and with community.
- Waking up one day and pressing the restart button. Wanting something different for her life and her children.
- What is a community foundation?
- Real change happens when we pay attention to the leaders proximate to a community.
- A conversation between Jessi and Gerry about what it truly means to be local.
- Sitting down at the table with investors and talking about how to make the best investments in this region. Not letting them dictate what they think is best.
- When you lose more than win, relish the wins.
- Keeping egos in check.
- Leaning on your team or colleagues and putting them out front first.
- Do not be afraid and say it out loud.