Pursing Fearless through Pragmatic Decisions
with Ashley Norman
In this episode, Jessi talks with artist and business owner Ashley Norman. Ashley recounts her inspiring journey from backyard potter to owning Dirty South Pottery. As fellow creatives, the two discuss the role values play in business decisions and what it looks like to operate a listen-first business.
- Starting as backyard potters to opening a brick and mortar store in a downtown setting.
- Having values focused on community and southern traditions of gathering with food.
- Talking diversified revenue streams and how Covid put a stop to many of them.
- Working together with her husband while balancing their own needs.
- Choosing to put the business first and focusing on the needs of a revenue stream over serving community.
- Listening to what the customers wanted and changing to offerings to suit the needs better.
- Disbanding the idea of limiting beliefs that are so instilled in artists and creatives.