Pursing Fearless through Dreams and Services
with Amy McGrath
In this episode, Jessi talks with marine, fighter pilot, politician and mom Amy McGrath. The two discuss the challenges Amy faced when running for office, as well as the journey that led her into politics.
- Not allowing a federal law that excluded women to get in her way from following her dream career.
- Setting her sights on politics, and the journey that led there.
- The importance of having role models that look like you at a young age.
- What it was like being a mom and running for office–and how this topic consistently comes up for women.
- The many surprises that came with running for office.
- Amy’s organization: Honor Bound Americans, as well as her memoir that was released in August 2021 entitled, Honor Bound: An American Story of Dreams and Service.
- Honor Bound Americans
- Honor Bound: An American Story of Dreams and Service
- Amy McGrath on Pantsuit Politics
- Half the Sky by Nicholas Kristof
- The New Map by Daniel Yergin