Pursing Fearless by Claiming Your Seat
with Lindsey Burke
In this episode, Jessi talks with social worker, attorney, nonprofit founder and political hopeful Lindsey Burke. Lindsey has dedicated her life to serving people often overlooked in social and judicial systems. As a candidate to become a State Representative for Kentucky, she hopes to carry out this work for her constituents.
- Seeing Sandra Day O’Connor break a glass ceiling showed Lindsey women were finally getting a seat at the table. She wanted a seat at the table too.
- How picking up and moving to Florida became a fateful decision that opened the doors to social work, then ultimately the path to become a lawyer.
- Seeing the needs of people in Kentucky and starting a sliding scale law office focusing on, but not limited to, family law.
- Taking the next step on her path and choosing to run for office as a State Representative.
- Taking the leap and knowing the net will appear.
- Knowing we could be doing better for the constituents of Kentucky.