Pursing Fearless by Being the Village
with Stephanie Roberts
In this episode, Jessi talks with Stephanie Roberts, founder of Be the Village. This nonprofit provides resources to foster, adoptive and relative placement families in need. Stephanie shares her journey that led her to live her passion in this way, and gives advice on how to meet similar needs in your own community.
- Laying the groundwork to live out a passion–working with orphans in Guatemala.
- Uprooting her family for a short time to follow those dreams prior to the birth of their second son – who had a fatal form of altitude sickness, causing them to return to Kentucky.
- Discovering her purpose back in Kentucky thanks to the foundation in Guatemala, as well as her background in trauma informed care.
- Not setting out to be a non-profit, but ending up starting Be the Village, which helps provide resources to foster, adoptive and relative placement families in need.
- Being vision-minded over budget-minded when meeting the needs of the children.
- Having a strong community to help support the causes of Be the Village.
- Advice on how or where to start meeting similar needs in your own community.